Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ongoing Practice

My practice has been going well. After experiencing a brief moment of clarity last month, things went downhill. I was overcome with angst, resentment and the whole package. That is when my Sufi Teacher announced the next class and I was so looking forward to it.

The class was very structured. We practiced First Obligatory for one hour and whirled for half hour. I had always whirled freestyle. This time around teacher introduced technique to it. One is supposed to whirl to the rhythm of music. It was a bit faster than the normal pace at which I whirl. I found it a tad difficult to maintain the rhythm, but I am sure I will pick it up soon.

At the end of class there is usually some sharing. This time however, teacher suggested that everyone write down our experiences in the form of a haiku.

Filled with angst and grief
moving in first obligatory
everything goes poof

1 comment:

simsim said...

Sufi Whirling, wow that sounds very exiting. From sky diving now to sufi whirling. Ilango you are truly living an adventerous life.